Schenley High School
is both a public school
building and a school program that closed with the graduating class of 2011. Schenley High School
is located in the North Oakland neighborhood at the edge of the Hill District of Pittsburgh
, United States
. In 2008 the school's staff and students were moved to the former Reizenstein Middle School building. The Schenley High School
building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
(NRHP Reference #86002706)., as well as being listed on the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation
Register, and a contributing property in the Schenley Farms Historic District
The school was also home to two magnet programs: International Baccalaureate and Robotics Technology. The school was also a local or neighborhood high school for people living in Oakland, the Hill District and Bloomfield. Schenley High School graduated its final class on June 12th, 2011 with that final class, the historic name will cease to be an active Pittsburgh Public School. With no plans revealed, although protected by historic status the future of the historic Schenley High School building is somewhat unknown.
The school colors were red and black, and its mascot was the Spartan.
Schenley High School was erected in 1916 and was named for Pittsburgh philanthropist Mary Schenley
on whose land the school was built. It was designed by Edward Stotz as a triangle and constructed of... Read More