St. Francis Xavier's High School
) was founded on 21 May 1937, by Mr Miguel Antonio de Souza, in Corlim, Mapusa, Goa
The Siolim Fransalian Education Society of the Missionaries of St. Francis de Sales (MSFS) manages the school.
In May 1950, Mr Miguel Antonio D'Souza brought his SFX School from Mapusa to Bamonvaddo, Siolim and set it up in a large private house. The house stood in the SFX present premises of the school till 1986.
Mr. D'Souza was the Principal
. He was also teaching English
. His wife, Mrs Lourdes Sanches de Souza, was the Portuguese language
teacher, in charge of preparing the students for the 3rd grade examination of Portuguese, the official language of Goa during the Portuguese regime.
As Mr. D'Souza's health became worse, it was his wish that someday after his demise the SFX School should be donated to the Archdiocese of Goa.
After his demise, his son Mr Francisco Sanches de Souza, was appointed temporarily as the Principal and in December, 1953
, the SFX School was handed over to the Archdiocese of Goa by the founder's wife, Mrs. L. S de Souza.
The Patriarch of the East Indies
, Don. Jose Alvernaz, appointed Rev. Fr. Catarino Roberto Fernandes, of Bamonvaddo, Siolim, as the principal, and on 1 June 1965, the Bishop Raul Gonsalves, the Patriarch of the East Indies, asked Fr. Roberto through the Diocesan Director of schools, Mgr. Filipe Neri Mendonca, to hand over the SFX to the Missionaries of St. Francis de... Read More