The original rooms of Shandy Hall were built in 1815 by Col. Robert Harper. Shandy Hall eventually grew into an 18 room home, practically a mansion by frontier standards. Shandy Hall was named by Robert Harper's daughter, Ann, after her favorite book, Tristram Shandy. Her copy of the book remains at the museum to this day. Shandy Hall, together with many of its original antique furnishings, was donated to the Western Reserve Historical Society in the 1930s, and remains open today as a historic house museum that is open by appointment. The majority of the pieces on display are original to the home.