Shanghai North Railway Station, located on East Tianmu Road, was the main railway station of Shanghai during most of the 20th century. It was abolished in 1987 and is now a railway museum. The station tracks are still in use as a coach yard.
The station was established as Shanghai Railway Station in 1909 by the Qing government. It was renamed Shanghai North Railway Station in 1916. Apart from the railway station itself, at that time the structure consisted of a British-designed four storey office building which was regarded as the symbol for the station. First destroyed in 1932, the rebuilt building was again destroyed by the Japanese in 1937 during the Battle of Shanghai. It was repaired after the war and renamed back Shanghai Railway Station in 1950.