is an extinct town
that was located on the border of Jordan Township
and Steuben Township
in Warren County
, less than a mile east of the town of Hedrick
In 1903 the New York Central Railroad
line through Jordan Township was completed, and on June 18, 1914, a post office was established next to the railway at the township's southern edge. Named for the local Sloan family, it operated until November 29, 1941. The railroad, which by the time of its closure was owned by Conrail
, ceased operations in the 1990s, and the tracks have since been removed. No structures remain at the site.
A portion of the railroad, beginning less than four miles north in the town of Stewart
, continues to operate as the Bee Line Railroad
Sloan was at the intersection of county roads 100 S and 825 W. Redwood Creek passes close by to its west and south.
- Warren County Historical Society (2002), A History of Warren County, Indiana (175th Anniversary Edition).
<gallery widths="200px">File:Sloan,_Indiana.png|The view east from the defunct railroad crossingFile:Sloan,_Indiana building and silos.png|Abandoned store building and grain silos</gallery> Read More