is a station stop on the RTA Blue Line
in Cleveland, Ohio
, USA. It is located at the intersection
of Southington Road and Van Aken Boulevard in Shaker Heights
The station has the same name as Southington station on the Green Line
. The Green Line station is located north-northeast on Shaker Boulevard.
The station comprises two side platforms
, the westbound platform southeast of the intersection, and the eastbound platform northwest of the intersection, with a small shelter on each platform. Diagonal parking
is provided off Van Aken Boulevard adjacent to each platform.
The station opened on April 11, 1920 with the initiation of rail service by the Cleveland Interurban Railroad on what is now Van Aken Boulevard from Lynnfield Road
to Shaker Square
and then to East 34th Street and via surface streets to downtown.
In 1980 and 1981, the Green and Blue Lines were completely renovated with new track, ballast, poles and wiring, and new stations were built along the line. The renovated line along Van Aken Boulevard opened on October 30, 1981.