St Bernard's College (often abbreviated to SBC) is a Catholic Year 7 to 13 (Form 1 to 7) secondary School for Boys, located on Waterloo Rd, Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand. The Marist Brothers, in response to Archbishop McKeefry's call, opened St Bernard's School in 1946. The spirit of the Marist Brothers is still an integral part of the culture of the College.
The College has a strong Catholic character and its students come from many backgrounds including European, Indian, Asian, Maori and Polynesian. The maximum roll is 590 pupils.
St. Bernard's has four house groups: Pompallier, Ignatius, Chanel and Marcellin (formerly known as and represented by Gold, Green, Red and Blue respectively). These house groups compete against each other in many different events each year. The overall winner at the end of the school year receives the House Shield. So far all the house groups have won the shield at least once.