St. Joseph's Morrow Park (SJMP)
is an all-girls secondary school located in Toronto, Ontario. It was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph
in 1960 and is attached to the Sisters' motherhouse at Morrow Park. The Sisterhood was founded in 1684 in LePuy, France
, by Jean-Pierre Medaille, a French Jesuit
Today, the school is run by the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB). It is a semestered school and presently has an enrolment of 780 students with a staff of 60 lay persons. The school offers a diverse range of programs that includes resource assistance, English as a second language (ESL), and gifted/enrichment programs such as the Queen's Enrichment Program, CSUNA
, and Advanced Placement (AP).
The attendees wear a school uniform
consisting of a Mackinnon forest green kilt, white shirt, green vest, green/black leotards, and black shoes.
In 2006, the Sisters of St. Joseph announced that Morrow Park, the school property, along with the school had been sold The TCDSB has chosen a site for the school. It will be relocated at Bayview and Finch on the current site of Blessed Trinity Catholic Elementary School. It will accommodate grades JK-12. The elementary school will be co-ed, but the high school will remain an all-girls school to coincide with the original intent of the creation of St. Joseph's... Read More