St. Lawrence Seminary High School
is a preparatory high school operated by the Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order
at Mount Calvary, Wisconsin
. The school is within the Archdiocese of Milwaukee
. Student enrollment is all male and comes from all over the United States
and outside of the country.
The high school was founded in 1860
as the Convent Latin School by two Capuchin friars, Francis Haas
and Bonaventure Frey
. The school's mission is to prepare its male students for vocations in the Roman Catholic Church. It is boarding school, with approximately 225 students enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
Over the years it has been called the Convent Latin School, the Little Seminary of St. Lawrence of Brindisi, St. Lawrence College, St. Lawrence Seminary, and St. Lawrence Seminary High School. St. Francis Brothers' School merged with St. Lawrence Seminary.
St. Lawrence has existed, since its founding in 1860, as a school for Catholic high school and college youth interested in pursuing a vocation to ministry in the Catholic Church, primarily in the priesthood. As the understanding of ministry has grown within the Church, the school has historically adjusted its purpose to respond to the various ministerial needs of the Church and society. Underlying the school’s philosophy is the conviction that the primary obligation of all Christians is to witness to gospel values in that vocation to which God calls them. Combined with this belief... Read More