The line through Strawberry Hill (the Kingston Loop) opened in 1863, but Strawberry Hill station did not open until 1 December 1873. The current booking office building on the up, or western, side and the platform canopies date from the 1935 modernisation. Lifting barriers replaced the level crossing swing gates in 1973, the signal box was demolished in 1975.
Strawberry Hill depot, built in 1897, is inside the triangular junction of the Shepperton Branch Line with the Kingston Loop Line.
The off-peak weekday service in trains per hour at the station is