- For the current federal electoral district, see Sudbury
is a provincial electoral district
, that has been represented in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario
since 1908. It is one of the two districts serving the city of Greater Sudbury
Its population in 2001 was 89,443.
Sudbury was given its own riding provincially in the 1908 election
, when the former riding of Nipissing West
was divided into Sudbury and Sturgeon Falls
. It initially included a large portion of the Sudbury District
; in 1952, the boundaries were narrowed significantly to include only the city of Sudbury, the geographic township
of McKim and the town of Copper Cliff
. The rest of the original Sudbury riding was incorporated into the new riding of Nickel Belt
. The riding of Sudbury East
was additionally created in 1967.
Federally, however, the city remained part of the Nipissing
electoral district until 1947.
Sudbury electoral district consists of the part of the City of Greater Sudbury bounded on the west and south by the Greater Sudbury city limits, and on the north and east by a line drawn from the western city limit of Greater Sudbury east along the northern limit of the former Town of Walden, north, east and south along the limits of the former City of Sudbury, west along Highway 69 and Regent Street, south along Long Lake Road, west along the northern boundary of the Township of Broder, southwest along Kelly Lake, and south along the eastern limit of the former Town... Read More