It was probably built in 1865 in the reign of the Qing Dynasty. It was built as a residence by Man Chung-luen (文頌鑾) whose ancestors had settled in San Tin since the 15th century.
It is a richly embellished residence situated on a spacious ground, with a large open space in front and a garden at the back. The whole mansion is surrounded by a green-brick wall. It is a fine example of traditional Chinese dwellings of the scholar-gentry class.
3D Laser Scanning Technology in digital recording of structures was applied to capture the 3D images of the structure.