Chief's House - Council house believed to have been used by Miami tribeChief Jean Baptiste de Richardville during treaty negotiations and Miami Council meetings. Other sources indicate that his son, Francis La Fontaine, actually built the house in the early 1840s for use as his main residence. The house has been restored to appear as in 1846.
Nuck Log House - 1841 pioneer log house
School House - Pioneer-era log schoolhouse furnished for the 1880s
Ball State University conducted an archaeological dig at the Chief's House in 1989 which uncovered artifacts including nails, brick, glass, toys, housewares, and personal items. An additional excavation occurred in 1999.
The park offers programs for groups of all ages. Topics include archaeology, canals and transportation, pioneer life, Woodland Indian history, and art.