The Unitarian Universalist Church Of Charlotte
In 1947, Ruth Teeter wanted an inclusive, non-dogmatic church for her family. She invited and assembled 25 families who had written open-minded letters to the editor in the local newspaper. The Unitarian Church of Charlotte was born. This small group petitioned UUA in Boston for help. On November 16, 1947, the Unitarian Church of Charlotte was formally established with 82 members. Rev. John H. Morgan became the first minister in January 1948. Meetings were held in temporary quarters until 1951. Rev. Morgan left for another church in May 1951. Construction of a permanent building on East Blvd. began. In November, the building was dedicated and Rev. Edward Cahill was installed as the congregation's second minister. In January 1957 Rev. Cahill......
No feeds found