The Knights' Hall of Castle Trausnitz belongs to the main buildings of the 13th century and there were already around 1260/70. The room is 245 m² and is separated in two naves, to four "Jochen" a nave. The constructions that were used belong to the time period of the so called "Zisterziensergotik".Today the Knights' Hall is used for festival banquets or for short exhibitions.
Tower Terrace (Söller)
The "Loggia", already called so since 1493, was finished in the 16th century. The Tower Terrace sports a great view of the city through the round arcs. On the east side there is a stair tower. The wooden ceiling with shaped rosettes is descended from the time of Wilhelm V. There is a stone walled music platform on the south side of the room. The "Söller" is today used for many different functions, and it holds a maximum of 99 people.
The White Hall is on the first floor of the "Dürnitz" tract and is directly above the Knights' Hall. The White Hall has probably existed since the 15th century and was probably planned as a big ballroom. It appears that the hall was never... Read More