Trenton High School is a public high school in Trenton, Michigan, one of four schools in the Trenton Public School District. The school serves the city of Trenton and is a magnet school for special education students, specifically for those with hearing disabilities, from across Downriver.Enrollment for the 2009-10 school year was about 970.
The current school complex was constructed in 1953 on a plot bounded by West, Westfield and Charlton roads and Edsel Drive.The school was built to handle a surge in students following World War II and the expansion of western Trenton, which was quickly expanding.The original campus consisted of a two-story, L-shaped structure, with academic center on the eastern side and athletics on the west.Later, in the 1970s, a two-story wing was added to the north of the building, housing the school's library and classrooms. The school is due for major mechanical and electrical upgrades starting in the spring of 2009 as part of the recently passed bond issue.The school's football field received major renovations in 2001.The existing high school replaced Slocum-Truax School, which opened in 1924 and took up an entire city block at Harrison Avenue and Fifth Street. The building—named after city founders Abram Caleb Truax and Giles... Read More