Trinity Peninsula is the extreme northern portion of the Antarctic Peninsula, extending northeastward for about 130 km (80 miles) from a line connecting Cape Kjellman and Cape Longing. Dating back more than a century, chartmakers used various names (Trinity Land, Palmer Land, Land of Louis Philippe) for this portion of the Antarctic peninsula, each name having some historical merit. The recommended name derives from "Trinity Land" given by Edward Bransfield during January 1820 (for the Trinity Board), although the precise application by him has not been identified with certainty and is a matter of different interpretation by Antarctic historians.
Scale 1:250000 topographic map No. 5697. Institut für Angewandte Geodäsie and British Antarctic Survey, 1996.