Triumph or Agony
is the sixth album studio released by Rhapsody of Fire
in Europe on 25 September 2006.It is the first album that the band released after their name change.
Triumph or Agony features a live 70 piece orchestra and choir and was again self-produced by guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli
and keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli
with assistance from co-producer Sascha Paeth
. The album also features an array of guest narrators and character actors, including several recruits from the London theatre scene, the late Susannah York
of the Superman film series and a return appearance by renowned actor Christopher Lee
, as the all-knowing ‘Wizard King’. The song "Il Canto del Vento", is the first song in the band's history that is not composed by Turilli or Staropoli, instead it was composed by Fabio Lione
The cover art is done by artist Jeff Easley
, famous for his work on the Dungeons & Dragons
line of products.
- All Songs Written By Turilli/Staropoli, except where noted.
- "Dar-Kunor – 3:13
- : I. "Echoes from the Elvish Woods"
- : II. "Fear of the Dungeons"
- "Triumph or Agony" – 5:03
- "Heart of the Darklands" – 4:11
- "Old Age of Wonders" – 4:35
- "The Myth of the Holy Sword" – 5:03
- "Il Canto del Vento" – 3:54 (Lione)
- "Silent Dream" – 3:51
- "Bloody Red Dungeons" – 5:12
- "Son of Pain" – 4:43
- "The Mystic Prophecy......