is a London Underground
station in Chiswick
in west London
. The station is located on Turnham Green Terrace, but the actual green is much closer to Chiswick Park station
. The station is served by the District
and Piccadilly Lines
although Piccadilly Line trains normally only stop at the station at the beginning and end of the day, running through non-stop at other times. To the east, District Line trains stop at and Piccadilly Line trains stop at , To the west, District Line trains run to either or and Piccadilly Line trains stop at .
The station is located on Turnham Green Terrace (B491) on the eastern edge of Chiswick Common. It is about 200 m north of Chiswick High Road (A315
) and is in both Travelcard Zone 2
and Zone 3
. As well as Central Chiswick, the station serves the Bedford Park
There are four ticket barriers and a gate that control access to all platforms.
Turnham Green station was opened on 1 January 1869 by the London and South Western Railway
(L&SWR) on a new branch line to built from the West London Joint Railway
starting north of Addison Road station (now ). The line ran through Shepherd's Bush
via a now leptated curve and initially the next station towards central London was Grove Road
station in Hammersmith (also now closed).
Between 1 June 1870 and 31 October 1870 the Great Western Railway
(GWR) briefly ran services from to Richmond via Hammersmith & City Railway (now the Hammersmith & City Line
)... Read More