Following an endorsement by the High Council of the Revolution and under the supervision of the Society of Seminary Teachers of Qom, the University of Qom was founded in the year 1358/1979 under the name “The High Educational and Legal School of the Seminarians”. In 1359/1980, the School admitted students from among the students of Qom seminaries. In 1364/1985, following a confirmation by the High Council of Cultural Revolution, the School admitted students from high school graduates, too. In 1376/1997, it changed its status to the University of Qom. Occupying an area of 140 acres. The University consists of six faculties, two research centers, a Tarbiat-Modarres Center, 58 academic fields and more than 300 faculty and visiting professors, as well as more than 6,000 students, located in Qom city (120 Km south Tehran). The university benefits students with academic environment and strong labs especially in the fields of civil engineering, industrial engineering, and Physics.