USTU was founded in 1920. It was formerly known as Ural Polytechnic Institute.
The school has rapidly expanded due to the industrialization program of the Soviet Government, which created a high demand for engineering positions. The USTU was key in providing local industrial enterprises with technical and engineering staff.
In the 1940s, though suffering from a shortage of personnel due to World War II, the USTU received a great stimulus for development as the military needed to increase production for new industrial goods from the plants in the Urals. It is noteworthy that many industrial plants were moved to the Urals due to the partial occupation of Western Russia by Nazi military forces.
After the war, the USTU has kept close ties with the... Read More