is a commune
in the southeastern suburbs of Paris
. It is located from the center of Paris
.It extends over 531 hectares of which 84 are green spaces. The most important public green space is the Plage Bleue Park where different events are organized every year. Among them, we have the Festival de l’Oh focused on environmental issues dealing with aquatic resources. Valenton is surrounded by the towns of Choisy-le-Roi, Créteil, Crosne, Limeil-Brévannes, Villeneuve-Saint-Georges and Yerres.The town can be reached through the motorway A86 and the main road RN6. It is connected to the suburban rail network with the RER line D (Villeneuve Triage and Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, the two closest stations) or RER line A at Boissy-Saint-Léger.
Valenton was born in the 6th century. It was a dependency of the abbey of Saint-Germain-Des-Prés
. The first inhabitants were mainly farmers specialized in viticulture.In 1726, it was still a village and had 250 inhabitants. Two centuries later, the population grew to about 1,000 inhabitants. The main activities became livestock farming and market gardening. The town extended in 1936 with the construction of two new residential areas (Les Vignes and Val Pompadour). At this time, the population was only 2,448.The town which was a strategic point during the Second World War
was heavily bombarded by the Anglo-American aviation, which caused many casualties among the civil population. The aim for this heavy pounding... Read More