The road was built in 1897. In celebrating the 60 year anniversary of Queen Victoria's coronation, the a stone was erected and the road was named Victoria Jubilee Road (域多利慶典道). The road was without any surfacing and only access to Chinese public cemetery in Kellett Bay. In 1930, Hong Kong Government erected a stone at the road in Kennedy Town to mark the boundary of Victoria City. In 1910s, the road was expanded and renamed to Victoria Road. In 1960s, for the construction of Wah Fu Estate, the road became a standard road of concrete. In 2000s, the section near Cyberport was improved.