<!-- Do not use the "dated prod" template directly; the above line is generated by "subst:prod|reason" -->Villa Maria Academy
is an all-girls Catholic
college-preparatory high school located in Malvern, Pennsylvania
. The school was formed and carried out by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Growth and development is key to this institution whether it be spiritually or intellectually. It is operated independently and with the blessing of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Founding and early history
The foundation of the academy dates to July, 1872. At that time, the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary transferred their motherhouse, novitiate, and boarding school from Reading to West Chester, PA. Occupying the property formerly owned by the Pennsylvania Military Academy, the school flourished in West Chester until 1914, when Villa Maria moved to Immaculata College
, which today houses the retired sisters.
In 1924, the Sisters acquired the property of William A. Warner, Jr. in Green Tree, where the high school remains today. May 5, 1925 marked the opening of Villa Maria at Green Tree. Regina Mundi Hall was constructed in 1955, and had many later additions and expansions.
In 1979, Villa Maria Lower School, grades K-8, was moved to a wing of the House of Studies at Immaculata. At this time the high school acquired St. Joseph Hall, which had been built in 1965. In 1985, plans were undertaken to build the... Read More