Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a teaching hospital located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It is the largest employer in Forsyth County with over 11,000 employees at its main location, and a total of 100 buildings on , including a 196-acre () research farm and a research center downtown.
WFBMC comprises the Wake Forest School of Medicine and the North Carolina Baptist Hospital. The North Carolina Baptist Hospital was established in 1923 as an 88-bed community hospital. Wake Forest University School of Medicine (WFUSM) (formerly the Bowman Gray School of Medicine (BGSM) was founded in 1902 on the old Wake Forest University campus in Wake Forest.
In 1941, BGSM moved to Winston-Salem, North Carolina in 1941 to become affiliated with the North Carolina Baptist Hospital. Brenner Children's Hospital opened in 1986. In 1997 the hospital and medical school realigned to become the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center (WFUBMC).
On March 17, 2011, WFUBMC announced a name change to Wake Forest Baptist Health.
The combined entity is now composed of three main entities: