Woodrow Wilson College
, the first of Princeton University
's six residential colleges, was developed in the late 1950s when a group of students formed the Woodrow Wilson
Lodge as an alternative to the eating clubs. The Woodrow Wilson Lodge members originally met and dined in Madison Hall, which is now part of John D. Rockefeller III
College. Following the ideals of Woodrow Wilson, president of Princeton from 1902-1910, the members advocated a more thorough integration of academic, social and residential life on campus. In current times the college is known more simply as Wilson College
In the fall of 1961, President Robert Goheen
dedicated Wilcox Hall, the bequest of a distinguished alumnus, T. Ferdinand Wilcox '00, and the Lodge moved to the new dining facility and became the Woodrow Wilson Society. Wilcox Hall provided a permanent facility for the Woodrow Wilson Society with a dining room, library
area, lounges for reading and recreation, and rooms for various social activities.
The completed dormitory
quadrangle consisted of Dodge-Osborn Hall, 1937 Hall, 1938 Hall, 1939 Hall and Christian Gauss Hall, honoring the late Dean of the College. Today, the College also includes Feinberg Hall, which was completed in 1988, one floor in Walker Hall, and 1927-Clapp Hall.
In 1966, the Woodrow Wilson Society was formally reorganized as Woodrow Wilson College with Professor Julian Jaynes of the Psychology
Department as its first Master. He was succeeded by Professor... Read More