Wokha

Wokha

Indian Jurisdiction
Indian Jurisdiction Less

Wokha

to get instant updates about 'Wokha' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
<!-- See WikiProject Indian cities for details -->Wokha () is a town and a town area committee in Wokha district in the Indian state of Nagaland.

Geography

Wokha is located at . It has an average elevation of 1313&nbsp;metres (4793&nbsp;feet).

Demographics

India census, Wokha had a population of 37,696. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Wokha has an average literacy rate of 80%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 77%. In Wokha, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.

Greater Wokha

Wokha's agglomeration consists of Wokha town, Longsa village, Wokha village and Vakhosung. It has a combined population of 43,089. Wokha is on the main route from Kohima to Mokokchung and has been one of the earliest locations of the Assam Rifles.

Statistics

  • The altitude of Wokha is 1,313.69 meters.
  • The area of Wokha district is 1,628 square kilometres.
  • The population of the entire district of Wokha is 161,098 denizens. (2001 provisional census)
  • The summer temperature of Wokha is between 16.1 °C, and 32 °C. The winter temperature is a 2 °C minimum.
  • The rainfall of Wokha is between 2 and 2.5 meters per year.
  • Men occupy about 51.92% the population of Wokha, while women occupy 48.08%.
  • The rural population constitutes 76.61% of the population of the district, while the remaining 23.39% of the population is urban


Brief history

In 1876 the......
Read More

No feeds found

All
Posting your question. Please wait!...


About

Indian Jurisdiction
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from