Wuerzburg American High School (or WAHS) was located in Würzburg, Germany on Leighton Barracks. The school opened in 1954. The school was part of the U.S. Department of Defense Dependent School system. It was a medium sized school - in 1964 the senior class comprised about 42 students. With the closure of Leighton Barracks in 2008 and the departure of most units from the area, the senior class in 2007 was much smaller, and the school closed in 2008.
The school consisted mostly of U.S. military dependents and children of the teachers.