The Wyoming Railway
, now defunct, was an American railroad
built and operated between the towns of Clearmont
, a distance of . The railroad provided Buffalo with a link to the national railway network via a connection with the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad
The Wyoming Railway Company was incorporated in Wyoming on May 26, 1909. Construction work began in 1913, and the first trains operated the following year. The line was built to standard-gauge with rail.
Until c. 1946 the Wyoming Railway Company was a subsidiary of the Wyoming Company, a non-railroad company, incorporated February 2, 1910 in South Dakota as a holding company. The Wyoming Company engaged in operating a railroad, mining coal, and ranch activities through the following subsidiaries: Wyoming Railway Company, Buffalo Wyoming Coal Company, and the Northern Wyoming land Company. Its General Office was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. At this time the Wyoming Railway's General Office was also in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
New interests purchased the Wyoming Railway c. 1946. In July 1948, the Company filed with the Interstate Commerce Commission a copy of a petition to the United States District Court of Wyoming under Section 77 of the U. S. Bankruptcy Act, which asked that the company be reorganized. The petition listed debts of $1,781,931.41 and stated that funds to discharge such debts are not and will not be available. The greatest portion of the debt consisted of $644,940... Read More