April 1, 1889: 40 townsKami-Kanakoso, Shimo-Kanakoso, Yawatanobaba, Noda, Kami-Tatekōji, Shimo-Tatekōji, Ishigan-non, Dōso, Enseiji, Dōnomae, Ōichi, Shogan-shōji, Kubo-shōji, Sentō-shōji, Shinbaba, Ushirogawara, Nakagawara, Hayamada, Shin, Komeya, Otsubone-shōji, Ima-shōji, Nakaichi, Aimono-shōji, Tachiuri, Matsunoki, Kitano-shōji, Babadono-shōji, Yonedono-shōji, Dōjōmonzen, Imaichi, Imamichi, Wani-ishi, Ōzuke, Shinbashi, Nishimonzen, Itoyone-shōji, Arataka, Ta and Nakasanai (All of them were from Yoshiki District). were merged to form the town of Yamaguchi.
April 1, 1905: The town of Yamaguchi and the village of Kami-unorei merged.
July 1, 1915: The town of Yamaguchi and the village of Shimo-unorei merged.
April 10, 1929: The town of Yamaguchi and the village of Yoshiki merged to form the city of Yamaguchi (1st......