The Yaroslavl Demidov State University
is an institution of higher education in Yaroslavl
. In 1918, Yaroslavl Demidov State University became a successor university to the Demidov Lyceum
, originally founded in 1803.
Pavel Grigoryevich Demidov
established the Demidov Law School by private means in 1803. On June 18, 1803, Alexander the First
, signed an Edict
to the Senate about opening a higher educational institution in Yaroslavl. At first, it was a "Higher Sciences Academy" with only 11 students. By the 20th century, it was transformed into a Juridical Lyceum
with higher educational, scientific and publishing status. It enrolled over 900 students. The first project of converting the lyceum in to a university was discussed in 1906. On August 7, 1918, Vladimir Lenin
signed a decree
to change the Demidov Juridical Lyceum into a University. The university had 29 departments, including Agronomic
and Law faculties
, and an evening school. In 1924, after the death of Vladimir Lenin, the university was closed. On September 1, 1970, the university was reopened and enrolled 300 students.
Yaroslavl Demidov State University has ten faculties.
- The Center of Russian and Russia Area Studies
Yaroslavl Demidov State University has four departments.
- International Relations Office
- Department of......