Ajax Cape Town F.C.

Ajax Cape Town F.C.

Ajax Cape Town F.C.

to get instant updates about 'Ajax Cape Town F.C.' on your MyPage. Meet other similar minded people. Its Free!

X 

All Updates


Description:
Ajax Cape Town is a South African football club based in Parow, Cape Town, that plays in the Premier Soccer League.

History

Ajax CT was formed in 1999 by Rob Moore, and John Comitis via the amalgamation of two Cape Town-based teams, Seven Stars and Cape Town Spurs, as AFC Ajax expanded their worldwide talent-feeder network to South Africa.

Ajax Cape Town played their first official game against Kaizer Chiefs in the Iwisa Charity Spectacular on July 17, 1999. Ajax caused an upset when they beat Chiefs 1–0 with Sam Pam, the Ajax Cape Town captain, scoring the winning goal.

As of 2010 Ajax Amsterdam own 51% of Ajax Cape Town with the remaining 49% owned by the Comitis and Efstathiou families.

The Ajax CT project had limited success in the seasons leading up to 2006–07, the club winning a solitary title – the Rothmans Cup in 2000 – with Steven Pienaar being one of the few talents to make the grade for a move to Amsterdam, back in 2002. However, in 2006–07, under the guidance of new coach Muhsin Ertuğral, Ajax CT claimed fourth place in the PSL and won the ABSA Cup – beating league champions Mamelodi Sundowns 2–0 in the final.

Gordon Igesund, South Africa's most successful club coach, who won league titles with Manning Rangers, Orlando Pirates, Santos and Sundowns, coached the club from 2002 until 2006.

In January 2007 Ajax CT managed to beat their mother club AFC Ajax 3–1 in a friendly game held in Cape Town. The next friendly, played in...
Read More

No feeds found

All
wait Posting your question. Please wait!...


No updates available.
No messages found
Suggested Pages
Tell your friends >
about this page
 Create a new Page
for companies, colleges, celebrities or anything you like.Get updates on MyPage.
Create a new Page
 Find your friends
  Find friends on MyPage from