The Russian Imperial Guard, officially known as the Leib Guard ( pronounced "leyb-gvardiya", from GermanLeib, meaning body; cf Body Guards) were military units serving as personal guards of the Emperor of Russia. Peter the Great founded the first such units following the Prussian practice in the 1690s, to replace the politically-motivated Streltsy.
The final composition of the Russian Imperial Guard at the beginning of 1914 was:
Guards Corps St. Petersburg District.Headquarters, St. Petersburg, Millionaya. (Guards units not part of the Guards Corps were the Guards Replacement Cavalry Regiment and Guards Field Gendarme Squadron.)
1st Guards Infantry Division. Headquarters, St. Petersburg, Fontanka
2nd Guards Infantry Division. Headquarters, St. Petersburg, FontankaReferences in Russian see * Полный список шефу, бригадным, дивизионным и батарейным командирам и офицерам Лейб-гвардии 2-й артиллерийской бригады. СПб., 1898г. 327 с. and
Журнал боевых действий 2-ой Гвардейской Пехотной Дивизии 1915 г. Париж, 1930. 32 с.