Villanova University School of Law
is the law school of Villanova University
, the oldest and largest Catholic University in Pennsylvania. Villanova was founded 150 years ago by the Augustinians, a prominent Roman Catholic teaching order. The University is located 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia in the Main Line suburb of Villanova.
Opened in 1953, the School of Law is approved by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools. Approximately 720 students study full time in the J.D. program which offers more than 100 offerings including foundation courses, specialty offerings, drafting courses, clinical experiences, seminars, simulation courses and externships. The faculty /student ratio is 17:1.
The school of law is ranked 84th in the 2011 edition of U.S. News & World Report
's Best Graduate Schools.
In November 2007, the Villanova School of Law began construction on a new building to house classrooms, offices, and research facilities. The building was completed in August 2009. The new facility was built according to LEED
standards and incorporate a park like setting with a walking trail.